Here is an easy Swiss Chard recipe you can make in less than 5 minutes:
Swiss Chard Recipe
Write a review
- few pieces of swiss chard (or the whole bunch if you're really hungry)
- 1tbsp unrefined extra virgin olive oil, virgin coconut oil, or sesame oil (I like Napa Valley Naturals Cold Pressed Organic Sesame Oil.)
- pinch of salt
- Wash and tear into 1-inch pieces, discarding the stems if you do not like that much roughage.
- Put the greens in a mug or a bowl, cover with boiling water for 30 seconds, discard the water.
- Toss the greens with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add a pinch of salt and you have a delicious snack or side dish almost instantly.
- To increase the nutrition level, decrease or eliminate the salt and add gomasio instead (sesame seeds mixed with salt and seaweeds), which you can find in most health food stores.
- To turn this into a quick meal, buy a side of plain, steamed brown rice from your local sushi joint or Asian restaurant. Cut up a hard boiled egg, add your blanched greens and seasonings as mentioned above. You have near instant un-fried rice that is loaded with iron, magnesium, B vitamins, as well as fiber and healthy fats.